Should I let him go?

my boy friend of 5 months is not talking to me anymore because I refused to have sex with him since he is not my husband.he says its cliche,and he can't keep a relationship without sex.he doesn't call,text or send post cards.every time I call him he answers harshly and uninterestedly

51

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a shame the two of you did not have this conversation when you first started dating but you have had it now. Of course, I realize maybe you did tell him your beliefs early on and he just did not believe you. He is being a real turkey in pressuring you like this. It's good that you did not have sex with him and know his true colors now.

In the end, you both have a right to your beliefs. It's okay for him to want to be in a sexual relationship, and it is okay for you to want to wait for marriage. To be fair, he may be feeling a bit tricked or pressured into being very serious sooner than he is ready. Not many guys in your age range are ready for marriage. Most men really must sort out their career path and be in a good job and ready for that responsibility before they can consider marriage. He may believe you hooked him in to being connected to you and this is another hook you are putting in to him to get married when he is nowhere near ready. It still doesn't excuse his very immature way of dealing with the situation, but it can explain it. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 1

• You know what else is a clichè? A guy who acts like a manipulative baby when he isn't getting his way.

Listen, you can date 100's of guys but you only lose your virginity ONCE. I say, make it count. You don't want to recall your first time and remember it being with some guy who was trying to manipulate you by trying to make you feel guilty by not returning your calls until you said "ok" to him, right?

And statistically, people don't end up with the person they lose their virginity to. Unless they are married, which seems to be the case with you, in which case, you are more likely to spend the rest of your life with that person.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. Plain and simple. He's choosing not to respect you and that is unacceptable. Add in his behavior and you'll realize he's just a boy. There are very few young women that hold to their values as you are and that deserves to be appreciated and respected. And there are absolutely men out there that will see your value. Get rid of the boy and hold out for a man. Cheers to you!

• Let that douchbag go, a real man likes a woman for who she is not what she has to offer! But remember when he gets surprised that you let him go he's gonna play the nice guy roll and try to apologize. My suggestion? It's only an act if you let them go don't ever take them back, you let them go for a good reason, never look back, always move foward!

• forget about him, he just wants sex from you and if you ain't putting out he doesn't want u... if a guy really cares about you he'll respect ur decision on waiting.

• Dump him! he sounds like a jerk and if the only thing he wants is sex then you should lose him and find someone who treats you better and is concerned about things other than sex.