Why does my ex want to be friends?

We've known each other for almost our entire lives... dated for the past year and a half & we were in a long term relationship. We broke up due to a misunderstanding, but prior to that he tried to break up with me because of the distance... he said he never wants to get back together with me ever again, but we still talk every day & say we miss and love each other. I want to get back together but every time I bring it up he changes the subject. Why does he still want to continue a friendship, but not be together anymore?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it..

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he wants to do his own thing but keep you on the line as well...