Why does my ex want to be friends?

We've known each other for almost our entire lives... dated for the past year and a half & we were in a long term relationship. We broke up due to a misunderstanding, but prior to that he tried to break up with me because of the distance... he said he never wants to get back together with me ever again, but we still talk every day & say we miss and love each other. I want to get back together but every time I bring it up he changes the subject. Why does he still want to continue a friendship, but not be together anymore?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• To keep the door open so he can drift in and out of your life and use you as a backup plan when he can't find someone else to fuck him

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he wants to do his own thing but keep you on the line as well...