Does he still love me?

Ok so my ex was amazing. He was my best friend, and a part of my life. We were always happy, we never had a fight, and it was amazing. Before we dated, he was smoking weed and drinking, but he stopped doing those things. We were always doing things together, going to basketball games, watching movies, or just hanging out. One night he was at his friends 18th party, and he didn't reply to me, or look at my Snapchats, and I let it go, but he finally replied at noon the next day. And I knew that he'd gotten drunk, but I let it slide. He was being all weird and I could sense it, and later he texted me saying that he didn't want to be in a relationship at the moment. He gave me the "it's not you, it's me" and said he didn't love me anymore. Recently we were texting, and out of the blue he told me that he was talking to someone, and then stopped texting me. Does he really not love me? Should I just stop thinking that I will have another chance?

21

What Guys Said 1

• You should really move on, make it clear to him that you want to be only friends and nothing else, there is more people out there and you could be blocking people who potentially want be with you by fixating on one person

What Girls Said 2

• It seems like something happened at the party that made him either realize his changing feelings or changed his feelings towards a relationship/you. I think you should move on, it's very likely that he wants to explore other options, date other people, see if the grass is greener on the other side.

• thats weird. sounds like he wants out. Makes me wonder if something happened at that party? What if he went to meet up with a girl or what if he had sex with a girl while he was drunk? Why did he take you to the party?