How importent is it to have a lot in common in a relationship?

My boyfriend was a punk guy and he dumped me for his female friend punk gothic girl. Does a relationship works better if u are with someone you have a lot in common with?

and im not a punk gothic girl by the way

51

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience it pretty important

Most Helpful Girl

• That really depends on the individual. Some people are fine with having a relationship with someone that has completely different interests. I'm someone that likes sharing interests and hobbies with my partner. We don't have to have everything in common, but a few things are nice and having the same outlook on life is important to me as well.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Me and my fiancĂ© have a lot in common, I couldn't be with someone I don't have things in common with. But some people like being with someone they don't have much in common with

• Yes, it works out more. Thats the type of guys i go for is men who have similiarities like me.

• not that important... but, then again, it depends on the person itself...

• In my opinion, yes! It makes things easier and more enjoyable. I't also so much fun to get excited about the same things together like music or food.
    It makes easier to get along and communicate too.