The ex has started texting again?

To cut along story short, my ex broke up with me 4 months ago to be single and go out and enjoy herself. She's ended up back in a relationship with an idiot who I think doesn't care about her. Her parents and family don't like him and he's a bit of a player. We ended on a bad note because I was hurt by the fact she ran straight off with another fella. Last week she texted me her new number after no communication for months. I didn't think much to it and just replied asking how she was and all that. She said she was fine. I said I don't want things to be awkward between us anymore so lets be OK with each other. She said she appreciated that. I finished texting her by saying if you ever want to talk just call me.. 4 days later I got a text asking if I want to meet and catch up. I'm normally quite busy on weekends so I said what day were you thinking because I'm quite busy. She text back saying Sunday, I said I can't because I've got plans and now she's stopped texting . I was polite about it and didn't say it like I just didn't want to see her, I'd said earlier that I really wanted to see her. Her not texting back to that seems like a bit of a game. Is it possible that she could be missing me as more than just a friend or am I reading into things too much?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like if she was willing to make plans with you for Sunday that she really did want to see you and catch up. She may have taken your busy schedule as you not wanting to see her. Because she is the one who broke up with you and ended up with another person, they balls in your court. She's not going to know if you want to talk to her or see her. I think that you should text her and tell her when your available. Tell her you want to catch up and talk about what happened. If she picks a date then she's interested in probably trying to fix things. She probably misses you too. If she seems to hesitate and you get the vibe that she doesn't really want to meet up, I think it would be beneficial to just leave it alone.

Sorry she did that to you, hope everything works out!

What Girls Said 2

• if she's controlling then she was p*ssed she didn't get her way. if she cares about you and wants to be a true friend, she'll stay in contact w/o the drama and games. drama and games are indicative of something more than friendship tho some people manage to bring drama to friendships too. either way, its a headache you don't need.

• Possible if what you say is true, you should have gone to see what she wanted to say but be prepare mayb she just want to see how you are...

What Guys Said 2

• You should leave her alone and move on. She will just get your attention and leave again when she finds someone new. It will be a never ending cycle. She knows how you feel about her. She LEFT you for another guy from the get go, so there is nothing to catch up about. Her not texting you means that she went hunting for another guy to give her the attention that she's looking for. Now she wants you to chase her, don't do it. She wanted to "check up" on you. Many girls don't want to see you with another girl or even hear that you have another girl, even when they break your heart. The reason is because secretly they want to be the last women for you to be with... She is your EX for a reason. Move on, never talk to her again, enjoy life, date other women.

• Sounds to like your plan B.