Cheating and Love?

Do you think people can still love you if they cheated on you? or was it never really true love?

• Yes
  • No
  • They still can love you, they just love themselves more
    Vote C
  • Other(comments)
    Vote D

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I KNOW people that cheat on you can still love you, I've been in a situation where I just didn't know what or who I wanted so I cheated (in the past) I cared for him very much tho an didn't want to lose him I just didn't care that much that if he found out I would stop...Me an my fiance says its not what you say..its what you do :) so was he willing to let them go an change his ways? but yeah its possible both ways...hope this helps

• That's kind of like my situation. my boyfriend (well ex now) of 3 years cheated on me and he tells me he loves me still and cares about me and that he also doesn't know what he wants in life. I just think that if he truly cared he would have been honest with me and we may not have stayed together but he wouldn't have betrayed me. we are still talking and trying to be friends (its weird right now) I don't see us ever getting back together tho.

• Yeah girl he still loves/ cares for you....he realized what a big mistake he made...In my opinion men act b4 they think so he seen the reaction of when you found out an seen it really hurted you which he never wanted to do he just was being selfish and wanting to have his cake and eat it too....he know your a good woman an wants to keep you around...he doesn't care if he's a friend cause it leaves the door open to possibally be more.....I know you lost yur trust for him but he wants it back :)

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I think its possible

• Maybe there is a possibility that they love the person they cheated on, but they sure as hell don't care about their feelings.

• Don't you have to care about someone to love them?

• I should've worded it differently. Kind of sarcastic it was. Most people that cheat claim that they love their partner yet they put the relationship at risk over someone else. I think its a rediculous argument to be honest. How would you be able to trust that person again? Once the trust is gone, the relationship isn't worth reviving.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, I think someone can still love you after they've cheated on you.

But when you cheat on someone you damage the relationship, and they wouldn't trust you as much necessarily as they did before, because you broke that trust when you cheated on them.

Just because someone cheats doesn't mean that they were never really in love with who they were dating. They might have been under pressure from their friends, they could have been unaware of what they were doing (e.g. stoned), or maybe they just wern't sure of what they wanted.

But, ultimately, if someone feels the need to cheat then they mustn't be fulfilled in the relationship they are in.

• i don't think so. if a man violated my trust, betrayed me, and put me at increased risk for STDs and then lied to my face about it, I wouldn't be thinking he loved me and because I value faithfulness so much I doubt I'd stay with him unless I were planning some serious revenge. I know I wouldn't cheat on someone I loved.

• My boyfriend cheated on me with his ex. To make a long story short, we're still together. It's been almost 4 months since he's done it and we're been together for a total of 2 years and 6 months. I know he loves me. He just made a really stupid mistake which made us realize how much we took each other for granted and how much we really needed each other. We're making it through still. Some days are good, other days are bad. I love him completely and he loves me. I don't trust him with girls anymore, but what else am I suppose to do. But other than that, I trust him 100% of the time.

• Or how lame you are for staying

• That's ridiculous. My ex was a habitual cheater, we have kids together and he has children created throughout our relationship. I was stupid to stay. I kept forgiving him and he kept doing it. He finally stopped cheating, commended me for putting up with his crap for so long and asked me to marry him. That day, I broke up with him. I realized that I hadn't forgiven him and was too busy dealing with constant drama to process my feelings. Trust must be complete or there is no trust at all.

• How is it ridiculous? That you're ex couldn't do something like my boyfriend is doing. Honestly, I'm glad I'm still with him, I'm glad that I gave him another chance. Yes, people are p*ssed off that I did but most of them would guys and they just wanted to use me and I'm not that type of girl. I'm not stupid to stay. I'm not stupid to forgive. I'm smart enough to realize that you let people have second chances when you know they won't do it again. It was a stupid mistake. Everyone makes them.