What does it mean when someone says "You don't compare to me?" What does it really mean?

A boy said that

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Can you give a bit more background to the conversation? It's really hard to tell anything from that statement without knowing what you two were talking about.

It could be a competitive thing, like "I'm better than you at X" or an ego thing like "I'm out of your league" (tho why would he be talking to you if that was the case) or something else. Hard to tell from just that line though...

• It was at homecoming, my date and I was a bit intimate not intending to make my ex jealous and today my ex wrote that so I wondered about it

• Thats what I was saying...now he writes only if you knew...i feel it in my gut that its about me. we haven't spoke in over 6 months. But how can that b when he was all over his date, they aren't dating. though.

• He could still have feelings for you, especially if he's not dating anyone yet. Maybe seeing you with another guy made him feel jealous and he is angry that he feels that way (might be seen as a personal weakness or something). Emotions are complex at the best of times when it comes to ex's.

What Guys Said 3

• well if a guy said it to a girl, then I guess it's true, you really don't compare to him, biologically you're very different, (well in his cause maybe not), mentally we are very different. maybe he's just upset that he's not a girl like you...some men correct that though and we call them transgender.

• When one says two things are incomparable it means they are either too different to compare (like steak or television) or on another level so any comparison would be redundant (like Immolation or the Jonas Brothers).

• Two different personalities from opposite ends of the spectrum. No compatibility?

What Girls Said 2

• sounds like he's a arrogant jerk, basically telling you he's to good for you. Which if he said that means he's actually not. I would blow this guy off he insulted you.

• you're not good enough for me