How do some guys manage to go through life breaking multiple girls hearts?

I just broke a girl's heart not too long ago and I still feel so terrible and guilty. I'm actually hurting because I ended up breaking a girl's heart. How do some guys go through life just constantly breaking girls hearts?

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok, so, DON'T FORGET... a *certain* amount of heartbreak is a GOOD thing, in life.

For the same reason why everyone needs a *certain* amount of disappointment in ANY endeavor, in order to develop a sane, well-rounded, modest, realistic (but not totally despondent) perspective.

You have to lose at games as a kid. If you won every game you ever played (including the social "games" behind the games), you'd be an insufferable egomaniac who'd probably die from a back stab wound before age 30.

You have to get embarrassed and humbled as a kid. If you aren't, you turn into a self-important blowhard with no friends, no charisma and no networking ability.

You have to fail at stuff. Sometimes miserably. Otherwise you won't *try* at anything at all, and you won't do anythnig that you aren't ASSURED will turn out perfect.

Etc etc.

__

If someone "falls in love" with the wind, and out of love when it blows the other way...
    if someone still believes in fairy tales...
    if someone still believes that "forever after" will just HAPPEN, without YOUR constant pushing and dedication...
    if someone still believes that their partner literally shouldn't even *look* at, or mildly flirt with, the opposite sex for the entire duration of a long term rl...
    etc...

... well, then, that "someone" NEEDS a little bit of heartbreak.
    Just like kids have to lose games, and arguments, and fail at stuff.

Reality. Is a thing.

If one boy is going around breaking multiple hearts, then... well, those hearts probably believed in fairy tales, and were taken in QUICKLY by the boy and his glitzy glamour.
    They were gullible hearts.
    They got got.
    They were easy targets.

They were eggs. Unborn baby hearts.

The POINT of an egg is to smash the shit out of it, so that the actual bird can grow into its beautiful adult self.

Same with these formerly gullible, formerly over-trusting, hearts.
    In the long run... they're going to be BETTER hearts. And better, more self-aware, more dynamic women.
    (And don't lie, you prl had lots of fun with that boy in the short run, too.)

And don't worry, the boy will piss off one woman too many, anyway. He'll end up with a stalker, and then the circle of poetic justice is complete.

But... yeah.

Eggs are made to be smashed into thousands of little bitty pieces.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How the hell did you end up breaking her heart? what, did you stop liking her and dumped her butt... or did she like you and you rejected her? I mean, so many fucking ways.
    Lemme give you a little tip home-skillet... you asked how do some guys manage to go through life breaking multiple girls's hearts? Simple
    "practice makes perfect"
    Also, and trust me on this one, if she was the one that broke YOUR heart, you think she'd give a shit? Trust me... you get your heart broken once, you'll understand why those guys do it.
    Sometimes, its unintentional... but in those cases, shit happens... move on.

0|0
    2|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Nobody is born with the intention of hurting others. But shit happens. Sometimes it is simply that you aren't compatible with them, they like you more than you like them, and no matter how nice you are about everything they will get hurt. Hence you are 'the bad one' and your name gets dragged through the mud. You pass one of their friends on the street and get an evil glare because of all the crap that was said about you. How 'awful' you are.. If someone breaks up with someone because they honestly feel the relationship is wrong for them that doesn't mean they WANT to hurt that person. But would it be fair for them to stay in a situation they know is wrong for them to avoid hurting the other person's feelings?

Also some people who have been hurt in the past adopt this 'get them before they get me' attitude. Getting hurt made them feel powerless. They hurt others on purpose as a way to regain their power. It's the wrong way to go about it, but unfortunately it's all they know. It usually comes from people who can't self reflect and blame everyone else for their problems.

And then there are the people that just don't give a damn. That just want to have fun even if that involves stepping on other people (figuratively...) and don't care about any of the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's actually a psychological condition to be a sociopath, they're physically/mentally unable to feel empathy and only have selfish desires for themselves. They can't understand how it hurt them. But it does hurt them, so avoid it at all costs and never lead a girl on, on purpose.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people look at it as she's sort of equally responsible - a lot of women will go into a hookup expecting it to be something more, when they should be more realistic. However some dudes are mad manipulative and they just suck. Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is actually easier than you'd think to break some people's hearts. If someone is sensitive, has been hurt before, gets attached easily, their communication is bad, is naive, or just has a lot of love for you it is easy to break that person's heart. This is excusing it because obviously we should all try to avoid doing this. But sometimes it just can't be avoided. My heart has been broken many times. But it is good that you recognize these feelings so that you'll be more aware in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Complete lack of empathy - it seems to be quite common nowadays - then again that's utter bullshit because it's always been that way for both sexes. Some just mask it better than others.

0|0
    0|0
  • why do you feel bad, itd be bad for them for you to be with them when you're not into it. and you can't help who you like. you did the right thing. sooner you leave the sooner they can move on. itd be horrible to drag it out. all you did was act honestly. thats not breaking anyones heart. its giving them the information they need to make the decisions they need to leave be free to live their life.

life is full of disappointments. you can't control that. being resilient is important, and without pain er can't learn how.

0|0
    0|0
  • I ask myself the same thing.

I've dated bothe sexes, and I can honestly say it was always the men that do something so hurtful and selfish. It was never just a respectful breakup.

With women: we both started to see it wasn't working, and ended it in mutual terms. It wasn't me finding out they cheated, they didn't just vanish out of the blue, they didn't cuss me out. One just said "I think you and I both know it's kit going to go any further", that's usually how it went. Either I would say it, or she.

Men: One cheated on me with the girl he said not to worry anout (his ex), the other dropped me off at my family's for the holiday and never came back (tried to get with me years later at the age 22), the other cussed me out. One said I was getting fat (years later he gained a good bit of weight, other was physically and emotionally abusive.

I can't say for all men, but it seems like a lot don't really care. But ingus that can go for both sexes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because, those girls are nothing but a game for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you have to do it?

0|0
    0|0
  • The world is wrong

0|1
    0|0
  • Because some guys ain't shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it really depends on the person and how much you put walls up. A lot of times it can span back to childhood and if they have a lot of childhood issues it can cause walls to be put up so they don't get hurt. Because they don't get hurt, they may not care if others get hurt. (I know a lot of girls who do this too). But once they let their guard (and their ego) down, they will show that they have feelings. Everyone does, some just cover it better than others. Don't feel bad for being hurt over this- it just means you have a good heart and can humbly see when others are hurt. Nothing wrong with that. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Life goes on, just don't try to break any more hearts, at least you're realizing it now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really think you don't care and I think there are a lot of guys that don't care.

0|0
    0|0
    • I really think you can't read

• I definitely dont... but then again, i just mirror girls.. :)

What Guys Said 15

• I've broken many girls hearts, and I've never lost sleep over it. They're big girls, they should know how to keep their emotions in check if they're going to be dating. If she's the type to be broken hearted, you're probably not the first guy to do so.

don't lose sleep. you did what you had to do and got out of an undoubtedly shitty situation.

0|1
    3|0
  • β€œThe man who passes the sentence should swing the sword. If you would take a man's life, you owe it to him to look into his eyes and hear his final words. And if you cannot bear to do that, then perhaps the man does not deserve to die.”
    ---GRR Martin, A Game of Thrones"

If you can't give her the answer she is hoping, pass the sword swift and quick. Look her in the eye, hear her out and that's it. Don't be indecisive about a girl's feeling and move on. That is the best way to help her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, they do it the same way that women choose guys based on a stupid height requirement in their head.

It's called being shallow. Most people are that.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. If you have an ounce of humanity, you will even live life with guilt. As I always believe that what goes around comes around. You broke someone's heart, then one day someone will break yours, or even worst, someone could break you some of your physically as retaliation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not done that. I was always the one who was shat upon and dumped, or worse.
    From what I have observed, the sort of male you described would be a narcissistic sociopath who was devoid of morals, common decency and empathy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Such guys are very cold in nature and don't have empathy it sympathy.. They can very well be psychopaths...

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree! Definitely psychopathic tendencies.. he only feels bad because it makes him look heartless. Not necessarily, because he feels empathy for the girl.

• @Poppykate yupp I have seen girls like that too. . these people should be banned for life hahaha

• Well there are assholes in both genders.

You dont need to worry about the guys, just worry about the girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're players , for them it's easy to find sex then to find a love. They get too many girls attention that's y it ain't a big deal for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause some people only think about themself

2|0
    0|0
  • They're alpha

0|3
    1|0
  • Because.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont feel bad, she would break your heart. Its always just a matter of time.

0|0
    3|0
  • Called lack of respect, empathy, and too stuck up in some guys

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be like girls and not give a fuck

0|0
    2|0
    • Amen to this.

• @Tdieseler I agree. They don't give a shit about us either. Yeah yeah i'll give you my number tennis sounds like a great idea, then no reply back.

• @red324
      "wanna go to the dance with me"
      "lemme think about it" huddles with friends for 3 days. "umm, no i dont think i can, sorry"

lol... the fuck? simple yes or no question. You know that was the incident that triggered me into that whole line of broken hearts lol... i only did it to narcissistic little bitches though... i left the "good" girls alone. It was always to those girls that think all men should be kissing her feet... break em dowwwwwn lol.

• I can't imagine I'd do that. I never lied about my feelings and aims to girls.
    I should have done it , of course.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes