Should I break up with the guy I love?

I reconnected with an ex three months ago. At first, he saw me every second and said I was his soulmate - he was very in love and committed to a serious future, etc. We have a complicated past (he wronged me very greatly, multiple times) so unknowingly I would bring up issues/insecurities/or negative things and we would fight pretty often. Now, months later, he is sick of fighting and feels like I don't even like him as a person or want to be with him because we fight so much. (Not the case, I love him and was just struggling).
He will avoid plans, blow them off, make up excuses, or flat out ignore me til the next day and leave me hanging ALL the time. he has also gotten re-involved in partying/drinking heavily when our major past problem were his addictions to these things, and he doesn't care if it hurts me. I've been very clear with him, telling him I feel ignored, unloved, and like his feelings have changed because he will not see me and is not as romantic. He says his feelings are the same as always and he still loves me but thinks what we have is unhealthy because of the past and he's just sick of fighting - but at the same time he is doing things that is CAUSing more fighting because he is ignoring me, making me feel awful, and re-involving himselves in addictions.

Last time I saw him I told him I really can't take another day of him blowing me off and the next day he ignored me all night when I was waiting to see him and simply texted me the next day saying he "Just wanted to not hang out that night".

What the hell do I do? A month ago he was sobbing saying how much he loves me and doesn't want to lose me and now it's like I barely recognize him, like he jsut STOPPED caring (says he didnt?). RIght now I'm just not contacting him at all because I don't know what to do.

43

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like it's time to break up. You've tried to fix it and nothing has changed. This isn't healthy for either of you.

What Guys Said 2

• yes you need to break up with him.

• why do you think so? you think he just ranodmly stopped caring at all? Even though he "says" he still loves me, his actions just contradict the hell out of that

• unreliable, irresponsible, disrespectful and you don't feel loved.

• You know you need to never see him again. Come on now girl it's time to finally get rid of this guy!

What Girls Said 3

• I think you both just need some time and space to just think and relax! Re-group your thoughts in a couple of weeks and arranged to meet back up.

• dump his ass

• if he loved you, he wouldn't do all these things to hurt you. that isn't love... it's lust.