What's the best way to heal from a breakup?

It's been 6 weeks since my breakup, and I have some really good days and some seriously awful ones. I'm past the point of being able to call on friends all the time. I'm also not into the casual dating or hookup thing--thought I could try it and NOPE. Everyone says the key is just to stay busy, and while I've been trying to do that, there's always going to at least be some quiet moments to myself where it will inevitably pop into my mind. What do I do then?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way is hope and confidence. Hooking up is a short-term confidence boost but it often lowers it long-term. Keep your principles and your standards high and try to open up to loving someone again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a date with my good old friend Jack Daniels has always cured these things within a day in the past.
    Grab a bottle, chill home, get plastered, stay home to cure your hangover the next day & you're fine. At least I am.

What Guys Said 1

• yeah music is the only thing that will help you!!! whatever mood u in just go for music!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Literally. I like to watch funny vine videos on YouTube. It makes me laugh and I forget about the pain.

• Just stay positive. Listen to happy music ( or make a breakup playlist, all those song that help you forget about him), go out and have some fun. Exercise always make people feel better. It just takes time but Just think positively.