I think I'm going nuts!

Me and my Fiancee broke up cause she cheated on me but she wants to get back together and she said it will never happen again but I don't want to get hurt again. do we just start over and try to work it out or do I just leave her alone?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• This is extremely difficult. I have been in this position before and personally I could not move past the indiscretion. I tried so hard to forgive but I couldn't. I still have regrets to this day that I let him get away. There hasn't been anyone like him in my life since. I really really wish I would have done things differently.

All I can tell you is what I learned: If she is remorseful, it was a gross error in judgement and won't ever happen again then maybe there is hope. If you honestly think you can forgive and forget then you need to stick with it, period. You cannot live in the past and follow her places, check her phone or email, check her credit card statements etc. You will live with stress, constant wonder what she is doing and who she is with, is she really telling the truth, you will feel sick when you get physical etc.

Sometimes,I believe there are people out there who have the strength to truly forgive because of unconditional love. However, there are many like me who cannot get past something that painful and elect to terminate the relationship.

Good luck. I hope this gives you some guidance.

What Girls Said 3

• “For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”

-John Greenleaf Whittier

If you're going through this I'm going to warn you to be prepared. There's going to be this wall because knowing that you once got your heart broken, that fear will always be there. So if your getting back together with someone, know that you're prepared and you got over or solved why you guys broke up in the first place.

But there's also times where knowing why you guys fell apart, it makes you understand and ends up strengthing your relationship.

You don't always love what you have. You don't always have what you love.

Those are just some mulitple opinions, hope it helps.

• don't go nuts... have faith that things will get better... let her chase after you for a while and prove to you she has changed... you'll know and can accept what you can. if you can't, and you've lost all trust... better to let this one go

• how do you feel if she is no longer in your life?

can you realkly forgive her?

you can always start over but mayb you should not talk for a while and see if you no longer think it can ever work out?

What Guys Said 0