How do I get unstuck after a breakup?

Hello, I'm 31 years old and my girlfriend of 4 years recently left me. In my 31 years, she was my only girlfriend and she was the one who initated the relationship. Before her, numerous rejections. Since she left me, I have been a bit lost. I want to move on but I'm not sure how. All my coworkers are married and the only attention I get on dating sites is from scammers. My career is prohibitive in meeting eligible women because I am a postsecondary instructor and all the new women I meet are students (this would be highly unethical so no).
I have my life together and I'm not a giant jerk (I consider myself pretty emotionally intelligent as it's part of my job). Other people tell me I'm funny. I have a great career in a helping profession and a home. I make a decent living saving lives and teaching others how to save lives. My life is fulfilling but I don't have anyone to share it with. I'm not desperate and I'm fine being alone. I am very introverted so I don't frequent bars. I guess I'm dense when it comes to women. My questions: is there something wrong with me? Any advice on getting unstuck? What is the best way to ask a girl out?
Please be kind.

10

What Girls Said 1

• Try and spend time with family, friends etc

What Guys Said 0