Boyfriend broke up with me. Is it my fault?

My ex and I dated for 3 months before he broke up with me. We've known each other for 2 years before dating. He knows I have bipolar and depression. He called me to break up with me saying he can't handle it anymore and now it's time he thought of his own happiness, tired of my depression, got frustrated that I put myself down sometimes and would text him once a week at 3 am saying I had a panic attack and couldn't breathe. Things didn't seem right when the night before I hit him on the chest lightly, over something trivial (I only done it once). I apologized heavily and accepted my apology. That night he had sex with me and the next night broke up with me. Everything seemed fine. He says it was both is fault and mine. I accept full responsibility for hitting him and I take medication and see a therapist for my bipolar for years. A friend even asked him if he knew what he was getting into when he dated me and he said he did.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well kf he knew then who is to blame? Him. But at the same time, you have to rememver that your not stable to be in any kind of dating relationship right now. Focus on removing what is causing you to be depressed. If you feel it's hormonal, soeak to a doctor. But definitely seek help with a counselor.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly it's not a thing that has anything to do with whose fault something is. But it does sound like a good opportunity for you to work out your life for yourself.