Can I be friends with my ex girlfriend if it ended well?

We dated for two months and I know that isn't a lot of time but we really really cared for each other. The problem was she is moving to Montana for college and she didn't want us getting hurt more in the future if things ended badly. She said she wants to be friends, but that we both need time to recover before we can really talk to each other. We met two days after breaking up to return our stuff. We kissed one last time, hugged about three times and had a nice closure talk. I gave her a letter about how I felt. All of my relationships had ended with the other person cheating on me, except for this one. She was amazing. It has been really hard so if anyone has advice on how to move on let me know, please. I really want to know if we'll be friends though or if it will be too hard.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• You can but not until you have already moved on and you haven't not yet anyhow not if you are having goodbye kisses but it is possible just not now or you could wreck yourself. Im still friends with a lot of mine because i was friends with them while together and everything else fell away except for friendship and except for one of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I've had a happy relationship 3 years which ended well. It honestly takes time (2 years for me), before I can truly not feel hurt by seeing her in her other life because it is so hard to think bad of her since the relationship was so good. The only way is to find someone who is great as her and that'll last longer and make you fall deeper in love.

However, there is another drawback. If she was your first love like mine, you'll never forget her. There is a part of you that will always love her. Maybe just as close friends, or more. But you'll always be fond of her. That's being truthful. That's what comes of a great relationship which didn't end bad.

What Girls Said 2

• u ll end up hurting better off not till Ur clear of hurt my feelings towards her

• what if you move on and she catches feelings for you

• that won't be for a while, I really loved this girl and i need a break from dating anyone i think

• That's better

What Guys Said 3

• Absolutely, I'm friends with a few of my ex's because we're adult about it.

• be friends its ok be the first one to tell her you still want to be friends and still want to spend time with her

• You can but it's really hard