Am I a bad person for trying to get another girlfriend after a recent breakup?

me and my girlfreind broke up recently but I hate being alone. does that make me a bad person for trying to get another girlfriend for companionship and hopefully a future?

149

Most Helpful Girl

• No. You're normal. But be careful about using a new relationship to make you feel better. Make sure you are over your ex. You may think it doesn't matter if you still have feelings for her but believe me, we females have a six sense about that stuff. If you have hidden feelings for her we'll sniff them out. I personally would give it a bit of time. If you don't deal with your shit from the previous one you will get into a vicious cycle of going from relationship to relationship and never working on your problems.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its important to give some time after the break up. Even psychology says.

I have been in 3 relationships. After the 1st break up I jumbed immediately on another girl and then also broke up with her. Then got so much frustration and got irritated. Then my counselor suggested me to spend some time with your old friends, being near to the nature, visiting new places. So now after 2 years I'm involved in other relationship and feeing like its very strong and feeling very positive.

What Girls Said 13

• never get in a rebound relationship it will hurt the both of you. cause she probably think you love her but in reality you are just using this girl to get over your ex and so you won't be lonely. it doesn't make you a bad person. it's just unfair for the girl you'd date

• based on only the info you've provided, no.

how quickly someone moves on depends on who initiated the breakup and the circumstances surrounding it. ie: if you dumped her, you'll move on faster than if she dumped you... or if you cheated on her and got caught, she'll have an easier time moving on than you will. just a few examples.

however, rebounding (hooking up with someone to fill a void left by the previous relationship or because you don't like being single) is a terrible idea.

• Not at all.

• No it does not make you a bad person but i would give it a little time, but if you feel like you are okay and this would not just be a rebound then yeah go for it

• You're not a bad person and it's a natural thing to want. But it sounds like you're trying to replace your girlfriend rather than just meeting someone you like for who they are.

• No it isn't but you should find your own happiness first before you get into another relationship... Chances are, you may make the same mistakes you made with your ex which may cause you to ruin this rela you're now gonna have..

So just chill out, flirt and take time to figure things out :)

• No, your not a bad person, but I don't think your being a wise person.

• Nope you're not

• take your time.

• you are not bad, you didn't cheat

• Girlfriend bad idea fuck buddy yes. Sometimes you need to be alone and figure who you are and what you want in life.

• Not a bad person but you probably won't be a good boyfriend. I think you need to get used to and be okay with being alone before you can really start anything real.

• No, it's not wrong, per se. I mean, you should do it when you're ready to be fully present for the new woman, and not too messed up over the last one.

What Guys Said 8

• That's called a rebound and almost everybody does that don't feel bad your just hurt and trying to compensate for your loss.

• Not intrinsically, but make sure you love her. Make sure there's something about her that genuinely interests you. 'twould be a shame if you chained yourself to a hag simply because you don't like being alone.

• nah its fine, just keep moving along.

• Not at all, our lives are short, what are you waiting for anyways? You and your girlfriend know you are apart so no foul plays to go back into a new relationship when you have none ATM so go ahead

• take some time to yourself trust me

• Nope.

• if you are getting a girl merely because you are lonely, then you are one bad boy.

• nooo