Sometimes I have thoughts of breaking up?

We've had a really rough patch recently but are doing better now. I love my boyfriend but sometimes, I think its better if we just go our separate ways. But, those thoughts quickly go away because I don't think I could bear losing him. I'm left confused about my feelings and don't know what to do.

36

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been there many times. And the only person that can answer that question is yourself. Other people's thoughts and opinions just further confuse the matter. But I do know these times are extremely tough and stressful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do u have thoughts of breaking up? Is it moreso you feeling this way or something tht he is doing that doesn't suit right with u? You have to be honest with yourself here. And dont choose to stay when you are not happy just because u fear being alone.

What Guys Said 5

• I think that you need to try and separate out the fear in order for you to gain clarity. Fear of the unknown is not a good enough reason to stay with someone. If you are simply no longer compatible and you are going nowhere then break up becomes almost inevitable. Sitting there in blind hope of some kind of miracle is a huge leap of faith and is usually naive.

• Well, ask yourself how good is the relationship
    are there more flaws in it that cause you stress?
    Is there something you like about the relationship
    that just tells you there is no way to let go?
    You may need space to find your true feelings and
    just possibly remain good friends with the guy for
    the time being.

• What are the reasons you want to? Also you shouldn't break up with someone unless your absolutely certain you should

• DON'T BREAK UP WITH HIM!!! You will regret it forever. If in the future you are sure you want to break up that is one thing but don't break up with him now.

• set yourself a list of pros n cons and see if you can live with it

What Girls Said 2

• Go into more detail, Firstly,
    -how long have you guys been together?
    -what did this rough patch consist of?
    -any cheating at all?

• Try to find why you keep thinking to go separate ways and then have a serious talk with your boyfriend