Insecure Girlfriend. What should I do?

I was in a relationship with someone who was so afraid of losing me that she didn't let me keep contact with any of my ex or female friends. Sometimes she freaked out, broke up and came back after i assured her. I did everything to make her feel that she was the only one but still ended up not talking to me fearing that i was cheating. Thats how it ended. Now I feel bad and rejected. Was it my fault? Is there anything wrong with me?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you keep contact with your Ex?
    I can't say much. both sides must be heard here. Sometimes you can't see things from her prespective.
    If she doesn't want to be with you anymore. Let go and find someone who's okay with who you are and what you do.

• I'm not trying to keep contact. I just feel guilty and wanted to know if it was my fault.

• Well you did your best... I don't see why you should feel bad.
      You said you tried. I guess it's good enough.

• Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that is insecure on her part. It could just be she is young and somewhat inexperienced and can't quite deal with a boyfriend talking to an ex. Even older more experienced women can have issues with it but they normally don't freak out or break up with guys over it. Well if that all it was, was keeping in contact with ex's and nothing more, I don't think you did anything wrong. If she wants to talk to you about it more I'd say gladly discuss it more with her. It might help her in her personal growth.

• No I tried a lot to explain to her but she wouldn't understand.

• And ya it was her first relationship and she's quite young

• Ah OK. Well she will probably grow out of it. Oh well... Move on and enjoy life.