Help! I'm starting to hate men?

I've been volunteering at a sexual assault support clinic for 9 months now. It's starting to have a huge impact on me. I used to spend 1 day a week there, but since school got out, I've there 4 days a week. I spend hours hearing from women who have been beaten up and/or sexually assaulted by their husbands, boyfriends, FATHERS, you name it. The sheer number of them shocks me.

While I was there once a week, the stuff that happened would usually leave my head the next day. Now I think about it constantly. It's starting to have an effect on my interactions with men. I've become very untrusting and have been very snappy/mean to guys that I encounter everyday (expect my long-term friends). I get very upset when I see porn magazines on the stands in the store. I actually got so angry I nearly cried when I saw a bunch of guys making fun of the way 2 girls were dressed on the subway (the girls were a bit chubby in tight clothing).

I'm a psych major in college, which is why I've been at the place. I've tried to tell myself to relax, not all guys are bad, etc. but it just seems like there's so many!

Help! I'm starting to hate men?
1
1