Breaking up: Do men get over relationships quicker?

So, do men just get over it? Once you're done, you're done?

Does it change based on how long you've been together? Does it change if you've lived together?

Do men act like they're over it and months later or years later they suffer from it?

Do men rebound quickly but still think of their ex?
  • Yes they do
    Vote A
  • No they don't
    Vote B
  • They do temporarily, but suffer in the long run
    Vote C
  • Other, comment
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We hurt a lot the first week, then we get over it, then BOOM months later we're feeling the pain again

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you for providing a time line! Do men often rebound in that time?

• Show All
    • how come that guys feeling the pain again after months later?

• I feel like it's different for most guys, but for me it's because I start remembering all the inside jokes, all the things we did, all the moments we've spent together and it hurts. The reason it takes a few months is because the first week we focus more on the immediate pain of losing a girlfriend, but after a month or so we start remembering the memories.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Im getting over a relationship. I pretend that im doing better but my heart will still hurt for a long time. On the outside im normal and happy sleeping with other women... but trust me... I still think about my ex. I am not ashamed of trying to move on by sleeping with others. but I am sad when im alone.

1|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for your input, I feel your pain. I'm sorry to hear about your break up, they take a tole on us. Do you mind telling me how long your relationship was? My ex and I had lived together for 2.5 years before we broke it off

• My ex literally just moved out a few hours ago. We have a lease together and she paid off her end of the last few months worth.

We were together about 2 years. My feelings are a roller coaster of sadness that things didn't work out, to anger about her immature rages, to not caring at all and being content with myself as a man.

• Id almost say women get over relationships quicker. But in reality, love is love and once you reach that point its going to hurt to be without, whether you initiated the breakup or were surprised by it. Everyone has their process, male or female, burying a relationship is no different than burying a loved one, at least as far as the emotional process goes.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, great analogy. It is like having a death, some days are better than others but the loss still hurts

• 1|0
    0|0
  • Its not that men or women get over easily it all depends upon the seriousness of relationships and how long they were together and all. It took me 3yrs to get over my ex

1|0
    0|0
    • Did you date other women in that 3 year time span?

My ex and I had been together for 2.5 years, lived together during that duration, and were best friends before we started dating. He rebounded and has been seeing her ever since

• No i dint date someone else coz i was living in a hope she comes back and always use to pray that somehow god has to bring her back to my life.

• they suffer rite away just the same as a woman would, they just hide it cus they want to look tuff like it doesn't bother them. n yes it also depends on how close they we're to each other n the time they have in to the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex dumped me 5 months ago after 1y2months exactly and im still a flaming mess :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the honesty! That's very hard to deal with. My ex and I broke it off 10 months ago, after having lived together for 2.5 years, it's not easy

• Show All
    • I live in the largest city in my country, it will adjust to the population size of where you're living!

Also my rule of thumb is: 2 selfies, 1 full body pic (clothes on, obviously), 1 group/friend pic. Short bio, about 3 sentences is a must. Works every time hahaha

• Sorry to hear a bout your break up look at the brite side at least you wernt married if you were you have to decide who gets whatc

• It really depends on the guy, and the relationship. It's a lot easier to get past a short term relationship than a long term one. At least for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sun do just depends on if a person new it wasn't the right 1 to be with for life if you started to realise it before you broke up its easy to move on or if your both up front it's not working any more

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, men tend to get over it easier and faster, we're used to having to get over shit faster.

1|0
    0|1
  • nah you just hold it inside and pretend like everything is fine.

1|1
    0|0
  • For me, if I loved the girl, things won't ever be the same. Takes a long long long time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Statistics state women rebound more quickly but it really depends on the relationship and who dumped who in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • no baka they don't... don't ever hurt any men's feeling if he loves you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take 1 year minimum to move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • True in my experiences, at least.

1|0
    1|0
  • a study showed women heal much faster after relationships men can fall into depressions of 12 to 28 months while women can fully recover within 3 to 6 months

1|3
    0|0
  • my last relationship ended a year ago and I'm still fucked up so for me it's a no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure you just go out and fuck some slut then fake the rest

1|1
    0|0
    • I like "then fake the rest", more telling than anything

• Show All
    • Ah so it's more of you always faking? Sociopath's are interesting, I wonder what your muse is

• A ex girlfriend from high school

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think they do-- but people expect them to, so they feel like they have to act as though they are.

1|1
    0|0
    • I feel you, there is something to be said about a "self fulfilling prophecy" though...

• No they suffer painfully and "celebrate" in destructive, prideful, raunchy ways.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends, some men are very emotional

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes