Why isn't he contacting me?

Hi, I met my boyfriend who was staying as exchange student for 3 months. We both are introverted and timid but we broke up because he had to go back. (I am still a high school student by the way) He cried and I cried as well but he is not contacting me since the day.

We broke up in January and I facetimed him by mistake in March and he isn't a big texter but he was online every single hour. However, I haven't got anything from him.

Why isn't he contacting me since he's gone?

I thought he would contact me if he was real but otherwise, I think if he still has feelings for me, it would be hard to contact me because we can't meet each other (maybe forever) so I'm confused.

11