Why do guys fall for their girls friends?

my husband left me because he fell out of love with me and fell in love with my best friend. Now, he acts like I don't exist, and she refuses to speak to me, or to look at me. My husband and I are still legally married. And, we share a daughter together. Please help!

17

Most Helpful Guy

• This is probably the wrong question to say this in, but I absolutely hate the saying "fell in love" or "fell out of love." You don't fall in love or fall out of love. Love is a decision that is made. You either choose to love someone or you choose not to love someone.

Now that that has been said, I'm unsure how anyone here can possibly help your situation. You deserve better. Get a divorce and move on. I saw a news story last night about how a couple that is divorced gets together once a year and takes a family picture together just for the sake of their son. They're able to put aside whatever ill will they have against each other for a few minutes out of the love they have for their son. That's special.

• unfortunately that won't happen. When he's with the girlfriend, he pretends that I don't exist. He refuses to look or speak to me. Even when I have our daughter with me. He acts like she's nothing. Except when he wants to have her, so he can show her off.

• That's really sad. I'm sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's a bastard. you deserve better tbh. that was very very low of him.

• he lives across the street from me. I have to see her everyday. I just cry.

• It feels like he gets everything handed to him, and I'm stuck struggling.

• don't focus on the negatives focus on your and your daughter's well-being.

What Guys Said 6

• Guys and girls cannot be simple friends. You should never had introduced them or let them hang out.

• I agree 100%. I blame myself for what happened. Somehow I knew this was going to happen.

• I can say most guys don't but if they do it's a "the grass is always greener on the other side" type of situation, and they're not completely happy with the relationship they are in.

• I wish he would've been honest with me about it. But, he fell in love with her whole we were together. He told me to let him have those feelings, cause that's how his heart is. I'm trying to be understanding.

• I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've had a similar experience.

• Get a devorce an be glad you are rid of him an start finding your self so you can heal start growing an fill independent

• That is so awful ): maybe go to a marriage counselor to solve it

• because, they're very much accessed to them

• I should also add, that we live directly across the street from each other. I have to see her everyday. I just cry. He said I should suck it up, and deal with it.

• I know. But, making someone feel worthless, makes me feel sick to my stomach.

• honey, you give do it for betterment of your future. it's good for both

• damn that's fucked up. you should probably stop referring to her as your boyfriend...

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!