How do I handle a break up and get over the depression and pain he caused me?

My boyfriend and I were together for 4 years. He broke up with me for no good reason, he treated me like shit but I loved him so much that I forgave him. Its been 3 days since we broke up and he's already moved on and I can't help but creep on social media and find things out and it's breaking my heart. I've been blowing up his phone and he ignores everything. I'm so depressed and all I do is cry. I just don't know what to do or how ro
make this easy. He was my first boyfriend, I gave everything to him. How do I make this easy

45

Most Helpful Guy

• It may take more time than you would want it to take, and that’s the nature of heartbreak... but even the seemingly devastating emotions that come with this experience are impermanent and that is extremely good news. because when you do heal, you'll love again.

this breakup is a process of self-discovery and finding a better way, much like looking in the mirror and correcting your form at the gym. Treat yourself with tenderness and compassion... there's always a positive side...(you'll know about it later.)

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to accept that the relationship is over and disengage. Block all of his social media (with parental blocks too if necessary) block and DELETE his number and move on.

This is just like breaking any habit. You need to fill the time you spent on him with something new.

What Guys Said 4

• It will hurt for a while. Eventually you'll meet a much nicer guy and you'll be all "What was I thinking?"

• i have been in your shoes before by a ex who hurt more then anyone could imagine :( (id give you a hug now if i could) unfortunately the answer is aviod all triggers and delete from your life rest is time

• I've heard this so many times.. a guy treats his girl like shit but the girl still "loves him".. I am curious why did u love despite this? Lots of girls continue to "love" their abusive boyfriend always wondered why..

Anyways.. block him on all social media and dont lool back, you will grow out of it. take it as a blessing in disguise that you have left him and your still relatively young.. You will find someone who won't treat you like shit..

• Dear the reason why is because most of the time we are attracted to something we want, even when it doesn't want us, we then get attached when we struggle to have it. It becomes really valuable and treasurable (if there's a word like that) to us so even when the guy treats us bad we see it temporary or normal or a phase because we believe it's either we gonna get used to it or some day he'd change for us but unfortunately that never happens.

• First of all, STOP calling him. Block him from everywhere. Divert your mind, read books, go out on a walk, take a different route to the place of work, do not listen to break up songs, the worsen the situation. Listen to good music! Reevaluate your life, this is a nice opportunity to prioritise your career or anything else that would take your mind off from the break up. Spend time with family and friends. I hope this helps.

What Girls Said 3

• The truth is as long as you're close to him and still have his contact it's gonna be impossible to ever get over or forget him in the meantime. Dear I advise you travel out to a far place, somewhere you can't reach him and he can't reach you. By doing that alone you'd be able to think properly and plan what to do next

• It's true what they say, Time really is a healer, take this time to concentrate on yourself and making yourself happy again on your own. Don't find things out on social media that makes things worse, have a break from it.

• A few good friends and a clean cut away from him. cold turkey.