How's your relationship with your ex after the divorce?

It's coming up on 6 years that I've been divorced from my ex wife now & I can honestly say that in ways we have a much better relationship now then we did when we were married. Our kids always come first and I think we're a good team when it comes to co-parenting, I feel blessed. So I ask any of you divorcees out there... what's your relationship like with your ex?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, my ex-husband didn't like me and it didn't help that his girlfriend or wife didn't like me. 🙁 Most of it was because I put my kids first before anything. The love and bond I have with my kids is huge. He never had a really good relationship with them and chose to only see them for 3 hours a month. Unfortunately he passed away last year.

• I wanted to add, but hit send too quickly. I was the one who tried to make the relationship more like family. So we all could be one big family and the kids could see that even though we didn't work out, family was still important and we would always love them.
      So I set up a bowling party and invited their dad and his girlfriend and her son. I personally had a good time and thought it could become a normal thing for us all. I had no ill feelings, even though he was a cheater and so on, but for whatever reason they didn't enjoy themselves and things turned cold after that.

Most Helpful Guy