How to let him down very very gently?

I need help. I'm a senior in high school and his an incoming freshman. We met before at my friends house (that was a while back) then at the begging of my summer break he started messaging me that he likes me and all this stuff. He's going to be playing football this season at our school and I'm an athletic trainer there so were going to see a lot of each other.. I don't really want to go out with him because he really is young; and he's a cutie so I know he'll find a girlfriend in no time. But I want to know what kind of hints do I drop to tell/show him that I kinda don't want to go out with him. I've tried telling him his to young and he's just not getting that.

anything you give me is greatly appreciated. (any sarcasm isn't take that bs elsewhere.)

so please help I don't want to hurt the young one to bad.

Thanks :)))

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only 3 years, I see no reason why you shouldn't at least consider a friendship or continue to get to know him. You might end up being surprised. At the very least, if you want him to get the point, you're going to have to be direct. But be considerate of his feelings.

• I never said I didn't want to be friends with him. He's a chill kid I actually wouldn't mind being friends with him.

• And I never implied you were leaving, but merely advising you'd continue to be in a friendship where you can get to know him more.

What Guys Said 1

• just say you aren't interested directly . If you continue by not telling him you will hurt him.

• But I did... he just continues.. he'll be like do you think I'm to young nd I'll be like yea nd he'll go "age is just a number:"

ugh but thanks for the help

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him what you said here: He's adorable, but you're too old for him and are not interested. And add on that since you're 18 and he's like 14, he'll get you in trouble.