How Do I Break Up With A Sensitive Guy Because I'd Rather Be Alone?

So I just started dating and I don't like it. I prefer being single. The thing is, we just started dating a week ago. My boyfriend is sensitive and I don't want to hurt his feelings, but also dating is making me feel like trash. I'm worrying more about my appearance and what to say than having fun.

I know I should break up with him, but there's a dance coming up, AND the dance is on the day of his b-day. Most of my friends' dates are rarely talking and just emailing each other occasionally. My date wants to text me and sit with me at lunch. I can tell that he likes me; he told me so.

I don't want to break up but at the same time I do. I know I should do what makes me happy and dating isn't. But how do I break up with him? I NEED ANSWERS NOW PLEASE because the dance is on Friday and today it's Monday.
3
0