Why can't I show my ex girlfriend that I care about her anymore?

When I look into my heart, I really care for her, yes there I go I said it. But when I think about everything that she has done, and everything that I have done. Its just better that we are not together. She did give me what I wanted but required a lot out of me which would cause me to lose my focus on school. We both really f***ed up our relationship in some way or form.

Now recently I have found or it feels like she is trying to get a reaction out of me. I just bite my lips and try not to explode or say anything since I know she is dating/ is in a relationship with another guy. I just try to act like I usually do or towards a friend who is a girl and they are dating someone. Because I really do care for her ... and I know it would be silly of me to do something like that.

How do I show her that I still care for her without coming across as hitting on her?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• She already knows you care. That's why you two are friends. If you didn't care about her then you wouldn't be around anymore. Girls know this stuff, don't be fooled. Reacting to something is what a boyfriend would do, a friend lets things slide. Friends put aside all the negative, annoying traits that person has and accepts them for them.

You don't need to talk to her all the time to be her friend. I realize you still care, but I think it goes beyond friendship. How do you act like a friend when you care more than a friend should?

Don't lie to her or yourself when it comes to your feelings because in the end you get to live with it, not her. She thinks you two are just friends and friends put oceans between eachother, but still find a way to connect. The real question is what type of connection/friendship are you expecting from her?

What Girls Said 1

• Why don't you just talk to her? just tell her you will always care for her and will always be there for her. Just be straight about it. Make it clear that you don't want any sort of relationship from her though, as it may make her rethink about her current relationship if she still has feelings for you, and this may ruin things. Just make it clear you're always there for her. she will appreciate it. also tell her your happy for her and stuff. :) Aw. good luck.

Faye x

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think this is the greatest of suggestions put how about printing out a copy of this question and giving it to her?