Why can't I show my ex girlfriend that I care about her anymore?

When I look into my heart, I really care for her, yes there I go I said it. But when I think about everything that she has done, and everything that I have done. Its just better that we are not together. She did give me what I wanted but required a lot out of me which would cause me to lose my focus on school. We both really f***ed up our relationship in some way or form.

Now recently I have found or it feels like she is trying to get a reaction out of me. I just bite my lips and try not to explode or say anything since I know she is dating/ is in a relationship with another guy. I just try to act like I usually do or towards a friend who is a girl and they are dating someone. Because I really do care for her ... and I know it would be silly of me to do something like that.

How do I show her that I still care for her without coming across as hitting on her?
1
2