Is a "break" the end?

me and my girlfriend are on a break till school starts again... we live in different states and its hard to see each other I was under the impression everything was fine then all of a sudden she wasn't happy anymore... its been about two full weeks since our break began and I've tried to give her some space to calm down and such but she never actually told me how she feels and she hasn't talked to me once since it happened should I be worried its the end for us? or does she still want to be with me ?

ps her friends told me she is stressed and she wants to start back up when school starts but I'm not sure I can believe them either I don't want to be hurt and if she thinks its letting me down easy this way the opposite is happening

she is unhappy with the situation but still loves me and tells me not to worry what other option do I have than to worry since she won't say anything I mean there has to be another reason for this break it doesn't make sense to me is her silence a clue

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Look. My boyfriend and I took a break from a three month realtionship about three months ago. HE said he was stressed and needed time to take a breather. I let him have his time and it did feel like it was over between us. We were on a break for a month. That was horrible to me, and I missed him. After that month he asked me out. He took me to the movies and out to eat. He said it was so two freinds could cetch up. I felt sick tomy stomach because he said "so two FRIENDS could cetch up." I knew it was over right then, but when we went out to eat we sat talking for hours. Then he pulled out a promise ring and put it on my hand and said, "I promise to love you always." It was cheesey, but I admit that it was the sweetest thing. We have been together for three months now. Our aniversery is in 6 months and he's already planning to take me to Disney Land to stay for a week. Maybe she does still love you. I'm pretty sure that if she said that she loves you that she does. I don't think she would say that she did if she didn't. Just hang on there.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't want to worry you, but I've seen this many times before. It usually means the end.

Under your circumstances however (living in different states) it could just be that she has a problem with being in a relationship and not being able to physically see you everyday.

This happened with me and my boyfriend. We both love eachother, but we live a few hours away. It's very different from being with him everyday back at college. It's hard to keep someone close to you when they're so far away physically. However, my circumstances are a bit different in that my boyfriend is moving even FARTHER away, so it'll be even harder to see eachother.

It could be that when you and your girl get back to school, you'll get right back into the swing of things. If you spent so much time together there before, itll only seem natural.

I would try to send her a light text just to keep her reminded that you're there at least.

• "she has a problem with being in a relationship and not being able to physically see you everyday."

she has said this and we went on break the first week of summer... I just feel it was a little pre-mature since we planned on seeing each other quite often...and is surprising her two weeks after the break began a smart idea? I currently plan on staying with my old roommate who lives in the area unless she wants me to be with her unless that is a bad idea I just don't know right now

• I don't want to sound too nosey but what happened in the situation with your boyfriend

• We just recently broke up. A lot of the reason was because we're just not used to not seeing each other everyday... but unlike your situation, we both just realized that trying to keep up this long distance relationship is going to take a lot of work, and since he's going to be moving even farther away, its only going to get worse. We can never see each other everyday again until we're both out of college.... so yeah... that's it in a nutshell

• I hate to be defeatist, but it sounds like the end dude. Don't let her string you along, keeping you on retainer "just in case", just get rid of her and move on

• Well long distance relationships don't seem to work so well for some people and it always ends poorly. But if she is asking you for some space, grant her that option and just do what you have to do until she is ready to talk again.

Try not to think about her and about what's going on, not to make it sound bad but she might be ready to end the relationship, a reason why she is stressed.

The last time she spoke to you, how did she act?

• no. because I have a friend his girlfriend and him broke up for like 1 year then they got back together again and now they are happily married. ;)

What Guys Said 3

• a break is usually a bump in the relationship...it's a chance to sort things out and return as a stronger couple or it can be the slippery slope to a break up depending on how you both improve on yourself to each other

• I hate to say it, but yeah, it's definitely not any kind of upswing. Usually, girls (and guys) go on breaks to have guilt free flings with other prospects that they could be into... If you're really into her, now would be a very good time to do something bold, courageous, and exciting. Good luck mang.

• its the begging of the end