Do you think it's ok to contact your ex, the one after you're still heartbroken?

He ended things with me almost 2 weeks ago and the real pain just kicked in. At first I was too shocked to react, but now I realise it's truly over and I'm so heartbroken and sad that I go to sleep crying and wake up doing the same thing. Tomorrow it's Easter in my country and I feel like it's a good oportunity to text him and ask him how is he doing. I miss talking to him and want to know if he misses me the same way I do. But on the other hand, I'm affraid talking to him will hurt me more, especially that the wound he created in me is still open and I'm gonna have a hard time not talking to him after that. It's like it's gonna happen all over again, losing him and getting used to not talking. What do you guys say?
4
3