Is not feeling wanted a good reason to break up with someone and to change your attitude towards them?

Recently I have discovered that I never really felt wanted by my girlfriend. Like she will go off and see her best friend over me sometimes. Then she wanted to go and dance with other men while I was with her. Despite her telling me how much she loved me, these actions just never made me feel wanted and changed how I acted towards her. I do love her and all, but its just hard to love somebody who you feel does not respect or want you as much as you want them. Is this a good reason to break up with a person?

Now I have a buddy who has gone through a similar thing with his, now ex girlfriend. He didn't really say much, he tired to pretend that everything was okay, since he had bigger issues to deal with. Such as family issues and also school issues, so he just put there issues on the back burner. Then it just got to the point where he loved her but called a break, they got back together briefly, but he never really told her how he felt and how he felt like she never wanted him as much as he wanted her. He still deep down loves this girl, but he just does not act the same or have the drive to try and get her back. She has also started dating another guy and he has taken it hard, since well despite what has happened he still loves her. What would be the best advice I can give him since I am kinda at a loss for word to say to him?
1
1