How do I stop being so attached to my ex boyfriend?

I feel like I can't move on. I just don't like any other guy to the point I feel annoyed by them (I don't mean to be). I can't stop comparing them to my ex even though he wasn't the best boyfriend in the world. We had so many problems, but he's all i've ever experienced. He was my first everything.

I broke up with him about 2.5 months ago, we didn't speak for 50+ days until he randomly texted me out of no where. Now we are talking a little bit more on a strictly platonic level (we even talk about other people). I don't know if I want to get back with him. I was the one to break up with him after all. I just miss his company so much and I feel like I'm sooo attached to him. i don't know if people actually realize the level of attachment I really feel. It feels like I can't move on no matter how much I try. I also went on a date with another guy and we kissed, but the whole time I was just sitting there thinking about my ex and how much I miss him. I go out with friends and always think how much better it would be if he were next to me experiencing this with me instead. I got a full time job and working on going back to school. I have so many things going on, but at the end of the day, he's always on my mind. I don't know what else to do.
4
1