Was it him or me?

A few months ago my boyfriend and I broke up. The break up wasn't angry or bad but there wasn't much closure. He told me that I changed and that he can't handle a relationship right now due to his busy schedule and commitment issues. I am convinced that if I didn't do certain things we would still be together. Four days before we broke up he seemed perfectly happy being with me. He kissed me wholeheartedly and told me he loved me. Then the next few days I acted very needy and clingy and annoying. I feel that triggered his commitment issues and scared him away. He started to ignore me and was cold and gave me half ass kisses. I am led to believe that I could've prevented the break up if I never acted clingy and needy. My friend who also has commitment issues told me to not blame myself. She broke up with her boyfriend because she couldn't handle a relationship and that when she listed all reasons she wanted to break up it was all her and not her boyfriend. Any opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• were you guys the same age?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah

• Show All
    • So my ex unfollowed me on Instagram and I have no idea why. I'm not really that active on it and we haven't talked in awhile. I literally don't even look at him anymore so what the heck

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Give him some space, he might contact you soon. If he doesn't, move on...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes I have bad days too, when I am insecure I can be very clingy. I don't think if you didn't do that, that day he would still be there. People don't break up without a reason, they think about it a long time before they do it.

Just try to move on, I know how freakin hard it is. But just try to be happy, one day you will find someone who doesn't mind if you irritating him. He will still be yours.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you I get it. But I don't think he thought about it for awhile. Just 4 days before he was planing on buying me an expensive gift for my birthday and was telling me he loved me (and the word love is not something he just throws around)

• Show All
    • Yeah now that I think of it I really just want him in my life again. Thank you.

• good luck 🤗

Recommended myTakes