Guys, Why did my ex break up with me after running after me for two years and is now crying and upset himself?

So my ex boyfriend, who I befriended whilst I was on holiday along with another guy who was his like best friend, has broken up with me but then his sister told me that he's been crying before sleeping a few times. Basically he cut off connection with me because his dad disapproved apparently, but then his sister claims he's upset because he lost his best friend (who I was with for two years and left for this guy)- but this makes no sense because heh knew I was with his friend when he got with me, so he knew what he was getting himself in for, also he has liked me from the first time we had met. Also his sister seems to have wound him up about me and his best friend and says ill never forget him so I her brother may as well forget about me, I feel like she has maybe been winding him up and thats why he left me. Finally, he's been crying but she claims its because he misses his best friend, which is also why he left me, even though he knew his friend wouldn't want to know him when he was the reason we broke up. I feel so confused and hurt and just terrible, I broke up with a guy who "loved" me for two years for a guy who wanted me for two years and then left me after two months of us being together... wtf! Can someone give me some insight, is this guy crying because of me, I mean he wouldn't talk to me anymore he just shouted in my face but then he would get tears in his eyes - would really appreciate any opinions ! And men are sooooooooooo much more complicated than women.
3