Ex-bf broke up with me to focus and salvage a 4yr/old failing business. Should I wait?

My ex-bf claims to be a workaholic. According to him, his career would always be above anything else (which was fine for me, i understand that we're at this point of our life). I have always been patient, and very supportive of him. I've always listened to his complaints with his employees, and encouraged him.

We did have fights about him not being able to be with me most of the time, which I learned to accept as time went by. But just 2 days ago, we had a huge fight (it was his fault), and because of that I lost some of my trust in him. He aplogized, and begged me not to leave him. He promised he would redeem himself and gain my trust again.

Here's the thing: his business is about to fail soon and is running out of funds. He is very devastated and depressed. He broke up with me, says that he won't be able to meet my needs and that he is now letting me go even if it hurts him so much. His salary is cut down in half to sacrifice for the company. He says time isn't letting him redeem himself and gain my trust again. I am very hurt. We agreed to remain friends, and we still talk from time to time. At first he was still acting like my boyfriend, but then I corrected him. Now he is being professional about our friendship (he helps me with my work portfolio)

Do I move on or should I wait for him?
5
1