Why does my ex boyfriend want to be friends?

Recently he made it seem like I was gonna possibly get him back soon. But yesterday and a couple nights ago were crazy. I sent him a picture on Facebook messenger that says "Try not to fall for someone who isn't willing to catch you. If someone really loves and wants to see you, they'll find a reason, they'll find a way, and they'll make the effort." And I sent him "😠😣😖😭😰 SMH". Then I blocked him on Facebook so I wouldn't get hurt from him possibly blocking me. Then he called me this past evening and left me a voicemail saying that no more than to be friends. And I called him back twice and he said I really hurt his feelings and he said "What are you gonna say to me?" I said "I'm sorry." Both times. And the second time I called him, I said "Can we talk about everything?" He said "What happened?" I said "The reason why I sent you those messages last night was because you scheduled a meet up and then you said you couldn't do it." Then he said "You're gonna say things about me? You sent stupid stuff. I know someone told you to send me that." I said "No, I did on my own." He said "No." And he asked me "Are we still friends?" I said "Yeah." But honestly I don't know about being "friends" with him because I still love him.
+1 y
I also talked to him on the phone tonight when he felt better, and he kept telling me "I love you." I said "Prove it." He said "You prove it. Give me a hug and kiss." I said "If I can see you." He said "You can. Just call me and set up a day and time."
1
1