My guy best friend that I i've loved confessed that he's been in love with me since 4 years. but i've been with my boyfriend for these 4 years. what do I do?

i once fell in love with my best friend. but i had just started dating a guy that time. so I was ready to leave my boyfriend for for my best friend.
when i asked my best friend if he wanted me, he said no. So due to some complications, i cut off all contact with my best friend to avoid hurting my boyfriend. Four years have passed since then. and my best friend just told me that he had previously said no because he felt guilty of coming between two people and that he was secretly waiting for me to leave my boyfriend on my own. I think i still love my best friend. but I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and he's really a really nice guy. I know that my boyfriend will be broken if i leave him now. what should i do? also what are your thoughts on my best friend having said that he didn't want me back then?

01