How to cope with breaking up with the love of my life?

I love him but he won't ever apologise for what he did to me.
So I have to let go as the respect is gone.
He says he wants to be free.
I obviously don't make him happy.

We have a child together and I feel like he is my one time love.
Any advice?
Thank you

16

Most Helpful Guy

• It's difficult to answer without knowing what he did to you. If it was ab! use, addiction or an affair, get out. First get an attorney to help you protect assets that will help you raise your child. Then talk to relatives or friends who could help you with a place to stay during transition. Then leave!
    As for feelings, it was never your duty to make him happy. . . that's on him. He wants to be free? Give him his wish! Your one time love? . . . . don't believe it!

• Thank you,
      Yes it was aggression out the blue. A huge deal breaker.
      He is the love of my life.. I am completely certain that's why I had his child.

• Let your child be the love of your life and demote this guy to the role of "sperm donor." Just sayin'.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same situation. I'd say don't go back to him, that's the worst thing you can do. I would say have some you time. make sure you are staying mentally healthy and pamper yourself a bit.

What Guys Said 5

• If you have a child together, firstly, I'd sue his weak ass for all he owns. That's just cowardly, to leave a woman with a child. Then, if it is possible, cut him out of your life as thoroughly as possible and fill the empty space with other people or activities. It is going to be a bumpy ride, but if you'll make it, you'll be a fuller and stronger person.

• Relationships are a part of life not life. Ask yourself what do you want from life and once you think you know the answer question yourself again until you are certain and then worry about yourself. you deserve better. The only people who think of a doormat are the ones that walk all over it. leave em in the past. Focus on your child, give him or her the best life possible and shelter em from the fallout.

• I agree with snowohmy.. but I'd add to at least have split custody, and let him stay with his dad when he wants to, even though he may have done shitty things, no kid deserves to grow up without a dad, I know how it feels and it sucks

• You should be in a relationship that is more caring an at least a guy will put the effort in to show he really cares

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!