Why are guys who do nothing to compensate for their appearance, or the bare minimum, always judging girls so harshly for theirs?

I have seen some of the UGLIEST or UNKEMPT dudes judging a girl because of her choice of socks and refusing to acknowledge anything else about her appearance that is probably amazing! It really irks me. Once a guy called a girl a butter face and he was also a butterface. It was funny but sad.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys overestimate their looks

1|1
    0|0
    • Okay never thought of this but I realize if you're a guy and everyone tells you how handsome you look but you have a sister that is always being called a slut bc of the way she dresses or her shoes or the amount of makeup she wears that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• because girls are being forced to become the ideal type of girl with an ideal body shape, when guys don't really have a certain way to look. blame society.

2|1
    0|2
    • Yeah I used to talk to my guy friend about this and he's always say "well guys are pressured to have muscles and tall" and all that and I don't think it's the same because guys are also taught and raised to have more confidence in themselves without having to work for it. So yeah, you right.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• not all guys are same but I can understand some guys actually judge girl while they don't have the authority to do so but you just can't change the mentality of these type of guys

0|0
    0|0
  • We are just judged on how much we make, our hight,
    social statice,
    job,
    future prospects,
    where we live,
    level of education,
    hobbies,
    friends,
    social skills,
    generosity,
    how we measure up to the idealic dreams a pictular woman has spent a lifetime imagining and about ten thousand other things.
    You're only really judged on looks and personality. I wish I could be judged on these two things alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • That is true but a lot of guys don't have they and still find the need the judge

What Girls Said 1

• Men are shallow no matter how "ugly" or "handsome" they are. They for some reason always want the "hot" chick. Some dudes should be glad a woman walked past them but I'm going to stop there before some guys get mad 😂😂

2|1
    1|1

Recommended myTakes