Why are guys who do nothing to compensate for their appearance, or the bare minimum, always judging girls so harshly for theirs?

I have seen some of the UGLIEST or UNKEMPT dudes judging a girl because of her choice of socks and refusing to acknowledge anything else about her appearance that is probably amazing! It really irks me. Once a guy called a girl a butter face and he was also a butterface. It was funny but sad.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys overestimate their looks

• Okay never thought of this but I realize if you're a guy and everyone tells you how handsome you look but you have a sister that is always being called a slut bc of the way she dresses or her shoes or the amount of makeup she wears that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• because girls are being forced to become the ideal type of girl with an ideal body shape, when guys don't really have a certain way to look. blame society.

• Yeah I used to talk to my guy friend about this and he's always say "well guys are pressured to have muscles and tall" and all that and I don't think it's the same because guys are also taught and raised to have more confidence in themselves without having to work for it. So yeah, you right.