What's the best way to forget about someone?

Besides partying and drinking yourself to death

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I can sit here and tell you the things that I'm pretty sure you are well aware of like; hang out with friends, join new things, exercise and etc. And yes, all of these things are a great way to get your mind off of someone, but forgetting them is something hard and I personally think, you can never do. Let's be honest, the relationship failed and it hurts because right now you miss them. And let may say, that is perfectly normal, it tells me that you cared but also you aren't numbing yourself to pain (Via drinking is an example of numbing). That you are a passionate person who still believes in love and who deserved happiness. The last thing I want you to do is to forget that person and pretend it doesn't hurt, even though you may seem fine, when you're alone, truly who are you fooling? The number one tip I have for you, is to ALLOW yourself to feel pain, allow yourself to cry and allow and yourself to grow. This is a great opportunity to rebuild yourself, to do it for only yourself and for you to reflect. So when those tears are gone, stand up on your own two feet and start doing the things you love, not to distract and forget, but rather reflect and build. The best way to "forget" someone is to realize that yes this pain hurts, that yes this pain is temporary and yes I will get through and improve whether spiritually, physically or emotionally. It's going to hurt like hell, but if you can see this pain with a clear mind, eventually you'll realize a life without them. Don't forget, smile and realize that there will be someone out there willing to show you love once more. Another thing that really helped me was that I started looking at it objectively, and I had this realization that I was more disappointed that he wasn't the one, rather than just flat out missing him. Wishing you the best of luck, never forget, smile because you've learned something and will continue to learn.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever it takes. Hangout with your buddies, join a gym and meet new people

What Girls Said 2

• Write and watch movies. Just remember that shit happens and we are all just a clump of cells that evolved from fish

• Hang out with friends more frequently, find someone new, watch movies, read, etc.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!