Girls, Should I contact her to let her know that I honestly understand about the breakup and her focusing on herself?

ex girlfriend was in an emotionally abusive marriage before me. Our relationship went great, we had a brief split up when she first started having some problems, realizing she can't truly love me. We started dating again 2 weeks later.

Recently, while things seemed great again, she broke it off, saying she really needed to focus on healing, that she's tried to love, but just can't. At first I tried reasoning with her, then trying to explain I wanted to be there and apologized for anything I did wrong. Then told her I needed to get my key back and asked to talk then. She mailed the key to me with a letter saying she has been trying to get me to understand all she can focus on is herself in order to heal, and since I haven't been understanding, that we shouldn't be in contact.

I did a lot of checking into the exact problems she has been having, reading up on it all, and figured out what she's been getting at, that I can't be of any help and with us dating it's pressuring her, that's just a brief sum of everything I read.

Im wondering if I should text her to tell her I understand now and thought I did in the past but was wrong? She's a great person and it kills me to think I'd lose touch with her.
1