Should I contact my ex or leave him alone?

I broke up with my ex about a year ago..
it was quite harsh the way I did it but I was going through a lot (my mum passing away, exams etc). i never really gave him a real reason I kind of just ended it and told him not to speak to me again...

he got in contact about 4 months later on snapchat and we had a brief conversation (how're you etc) but I deleted my snapchat shortly after and haven't spoken to him since.

But recently after going to therapy I realised how much I must've hurt him and I wrote this really long message to send to him.. I don't want to get back with him but just an apology that he deserves... I found him on twitter and started following him.. he hasn't followed me back & I can't message him until he has followed me back (rules of twitter) Should I tweet him? Or should I wait for him to notice that I've followed him? Or should I take it that he doesn't want anything to do with me?

Also guys: if you were him would you want an apology or would you be past caring by now?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• First u must truly examine if u still have feelings for him. If you don't, then DO NOT contact him. It sends mixed signals to men. Women always want to be friends at the end of everything, but men don't.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'll always have love for him but like I said I don't want to get back together nor I don't want to be friends I just wanted to apologise and give him a bit of an explanation

• That's totally up to you but like I said girls always want to be friends even after it doesn't work out romantically but guys just don't see it the same. Girls won both ways they want to still be friends even if the guy is attracted

Most Helpful Girl

• Well since you said the break up was harsh and the last contact you guys did have quickly ended, it would be hard to say whether or not he would still talk to you. However if you have something to say, I'm guessing you should. He also seemed nice enough to establish contact with you so trying wouldn't be so bad.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE