Urgent! What would you do if your ex said we could be friends in the future but not anytime soon because I cause stress and bring shit to his life?

Basically long story short- my boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me two months ago. He actually blocked me from everywhere without me knowing we had broken up and after a week of straight begging, he called and told me that. We had been arguing a lot and it got too much. Anytime I've text him, he's been super mean and just blocks me. I love him very much. I keep begging and begging for him. He walked out after years together. Not even valuing our friendship never mind relationship. A lot has happened since that month, we've spoken and it's not been the nicest from his side, always bitter then something bad happened to me and he contacted me to check up on me and we were talking a little, and I asked if we could be friends as he's my best friend and the he told me he doesn't want to see me or talk to me for a while, and that he will talk to me some other time. I don't like how it's okay for him just to leave and come back at his own pleasure, yet doesn't think about who he's leaving behind and how much I'm suffering when he's gone. So for the first time in months I sent him a text and stood up for myself and told him I'm tired of playing games, give me a clear answer what you want and if you don't respond then I won't be here for you any longer and to my surprise he answered. He told me that in the future but not anytime soon as I cause too much shit and stress in his life. He always hurt me multiple times yet I have always stuck by his side. I'm not willing to wait for him and get hurt time and time again. Why should he get to come back so easily, what the hell am I supposed to do, just wait around for him till he feels right to welcome me back into his life, he's the one that hurt me but I'm the ones who's chasing after him. I've become a lot more stronger and I'm done caring. What is the best response to someone like that, how can I tell him that he can't just walk in and out at his own pleasure. So he has to either take the chance now or he's not welcome again
4
3