If a man cheated before is he always a cheater even if its been years? Or do they learn from it?

Dated a man 5 years he technically didn't cheat on me but was dating me and the mother of his child having sex with both of us and lied to both of us in the end he ended up with me for five years and i felt like i was on him like white on rice to make sure it didn't happen being that she is the mother of his child she never left the picture now she's single and is his brothers neighbor he goes over to his brothers house to hang all the time now u know everything that crosses my mind i dont know what to do but i jumped the gun and broke up with him said u dont want to spend my time jeolous and worried if i know if i can't trust him its time to let him go im exhausted of making sure he's faithful

+1 y
We were just dating not in a relationship but rhe mother of his child caused hell for years after for the fact that he ended up with me and not her
7
10