Is this a good plan to get her back?

I'm 17 and I consider myself pretty mature for my age, and she just turned 16 and she is inexperienced and has a bad past with other guys. We where really good friends and she admitted to liking me and we even started making future plans with each other. I asked her out on a date a few weeks back and she was REALLY excited, she is now reconsidering going out with me and she is killing our friendship by being distant and not messaging me. She says it's because she's going through some past emotions due to a guy that hurt her really bad last summer. She also doesn't think it would work in the long run because my personality is opposite of hers, but she knew this already when I asked her out and when she said she would never get tired of me, so I call compete bs on this. I'm the only guy that has ever given her the loyalty and trust she deserves, so I'm backing off and not gonna message her at all for awhile in hopes of her realizing what she lost. Will this work? We've known each other for a year and a half and she never complained then, so I'm fairly confident she will come around.
Is this a good plan to get her back?
Add Opinion