My girlfriend wants to continue to be friends with her ex.

My girlfriend wants to continue to be friends with her ex, as in actively talking and texting him. Should I be worried that she might be trying to give him a second chance. Or maybe even just being his friend so she can sleep with him if we ever get into a major fight. I hate that I get jealous but quite frankly I have trust issues with her and its hard to be the boyfriend who gets to see random texts pop up on the girlfriends phone from her ex and not be able to know what they say :|

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello,

Ok, this is what you need to do. I know this sounds harsh but the fact is you need to think about yourself and not her.. next time your with her and your in a place you both feel comfortable. tell her your no longer interested in a relationship with her. explain that the reson is that she's not willing to let her past go and that no man worth her time is going to be with her unless she cuts her ex off completely, the fact is unless she's had kids with this guy or somthing along those lines where she has a legal reason to keep in contact with him she should cut him off..

think of it this way.. if she dumped him then it was becouse she didn't want to be with him anymore.. if that was the case why is she still in his life?.. if he dumped her then she's not over him and your the rebound..

either way brother you need to get out.. right now, be strong and grow a backbone.. explain your reasons so she knows what she needs to do. and that way you can be looking for a girl who's attention isn't divided between you and an ex..

Good Luck

-Chris.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends really who broke up with who. I was in a long term relationship before with a guy and I used to text and meet up with my ex ( who dumped me)because I wasn't happy my boyfriend at the time and I liked the attention but my boyfriend knew we were still friends but I didn't tell him we met up. Then another time I was very happy with another boyfriend and I used to talk and text the other ex (who I broke up with) I talked to him more than my Boyfriend knew because I didn't want him to be upset by it but I only talked to him because I went out with him for 4 years and we had a lot of history and friends in common and I also felt bad for dumping him and hurting him I guess. Chances are if your girlfriend tells you about them talking she's only in it for friendship. However I think its important to see how much communication there having is it like texting back and 4th every day or just once every so often. I would talk to her if I were you not in a I'm so jealous way but just pretend your cool and comfortable about her talking to him ask how he's doing see how she reacts. Some relationships end just as friends so maybe there just good friends. Don't let jealously ruin your relationship. I know this sounds a little bit immature but maybe you could start texting your ex and see how she reacts this will answer a lot of your questions and possibly solve your problem. Hope this helps.

• she might just want to be mates with her ex, but make sure he knows about you dateing so he can't make a move if that's what he is trying to do...talk to her saying how you feel about them texting,she will probally listen yo you.

What Guys Said 2

• If your are in relationship and talk to your ex it's not good, I can't let my girlfriend talk to other guy specially when he is her ex, so be careful.

• You can't be friends with an ex, usually leads to friends with benefits or sex, can't get over them and move on to new relationships...