I'm not sure if I should feel guilty or not?

My ex and I broke up a week ago. We've continued texting/hanging out and last time I saw him we kissed and both said I love you. Thing is he's made me doubt we have any future, ever, and how he ever felt so I've been hurting a lot and distancing myself. Besides, we broke up and he is not fighting to be with me romantically. I hooked up with a co-worker last night - known him for a whle and there has been build up. I know my ex still cares if I am with any person and he was texting me til 4am asking why I wasn't responding to him which made me feel bad becuase I was with a person I know he dislikes cause he always knew we might have hooked up. I'm not sure how to feel - is it ridiculous to factor in an ex's feelings who has hurt you and chooses not to be with you, but does still love you/get jealous? I know I technically have the single freedom to do whatever I want but I would never want to hurt him.

12

What Guys Said 2

• Your ex can't have you and not want you at the same time. That is called hedging his bets. It's like keeping you as a fallback option just in case his other plans don't work out. If he wants you then he can commit. If he won't commit then he has to understand that you are a free agent and that you won't just sit around on the shelf waiting for him.

The risk for you in putting your life on hold for your ex is that he ends up meeting someone and you don't. Or even worse, you could have met someone but didn't because you waited for your ex.

You are single, you need to live your life and take your opportunities. Your ex needs to grow up and join reality.

• Yeah he gave up the right to have a say and you shouldn't feel bad at all. Look at it this way - if the roles were reversed yeah maybe it would hurt but you would know you had no right to be mad at him. Breaking up is just a nice term for saying "hook up with other people."

What Girls Said 1

• Don't feel bad at all.
    Your ex is the reason you broken up. He has no say in your current relationship, and it's creepy that he's still trying to get tabs on you