My ex and I are still having sex and it's confusing?

Two weeks ago my ex who I'm madly in love with and feel is my soulmate broke up with me. I can't sleep or eat or do anything except cry & think about him. I feel like I've lost a part of me because I truly believed that we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. I thought we were going to grow together, and work on ourselves & our relationship no matter what. I was going through a lot in the last couple of months because I lost my job. I pushed him away emotionally because I felt that telling him my problems was making things worse. He was was my first relationship so I was still growing on that. Lately he's been going through his own personal problems as his parents are divorcing and his dad is leaving the family behind. I told him I understood what he's going through since my parents have been divorced for years.
When we spoke in person he first said that he just wanted space because he wasn't doing okay emotionally. But then he changed his reason saying that the dynamic of our relationship changed and that it's not what he wanted in a relationship. He said that he just wants to be friends but we've still been having sex and he's still been grabbing my ass and what not. We are both very much still attracted to each other but he treats me differently sometimes; sometimes he treats me like nothing ever happened and other times he pushes me away. I wrote him a letter about how I really felt and about how I want to grow on myself but also with him and he said he just wants to go back to the times before we defined our relationship when we were just friends who flirted and fooled around with such great chemistry. And the funniest fucking thing about this whole thing is that I had gotten a job recently and I managed to get him an interview with this new company, and now he's gonna be my boss. Could going back to before we defined our relationship lead anywhere or is this just a dead end especially since he's going to be my boss now?
2
2