GUYS I NEED HELP?

My parents have been divorced for about 4 years. 8 months ago, my father passed away. My life is crumbling before my eyes 😔. My mother is in a very serious relationship with a guy. I do not know what I feel about him. I really want my mom to be happy. I'm not sure I'm ready for a knew person in my life. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• my father got shot when i was 12, in front of my eyes, its really hard... you just need to either be comfortable with him, or tell your mom, you dont like him... i told her i dont like him and she found 2 months later another perfect man. Of course, first talk with them.

• That is crazy man. I hate when people say I'm sorry, so I'll just say you're tough. I appreciate you telling me this about you. This advice made me feel better thanks🙂

• no problem.

What Guys Said 14

• Really sorry about your father. Try to give the new man a chance, I know a father can't exactly be replaced but a fatherly affection can be experienced. I'm sure your Mom won't be serious about a man who won't be like a good father to you. Trust your Mom on this okay? And cheer up, you got a bright future to make. :)

• its okay, life happens, I don't wanna be "that guy" but don't say your life is crumbling before your eyes, you've still got a long life ahead of you and there are people out there going through WAYYYY worse shit so just sit back, breath and don't give up. tell your mom how you feel if you don't like this new guy and just relax. life is a bitch, I was raised to embrace this so sorry if I'm blunt but I'm just trying to help considering I know how you feel in a way.

• I'm sorry about your father. That's tough. Give the guy a chance. If he treats your mother well and makes her happy then you should be happy for her. If he's a good guy he cares about you too but understands that he is not a replacement for your father. Good luck.

• Stay strong, kiddo! Give the new guy a chance, he can't replace your father, but if he makes your mother happy you should be happy for her too.

• You are going through a tough time. In this mental state person can't think liberally. Though you are still thinking about your mom. You just act like a perfect daughter. My belief, you can overcome this situation by you own. You should take more time to take a mature decision, and I think you should talk to your mom about their relationship and about that guy. If she really wants to move on with him, you should support her with observing the situation. Cause she has also a life to lead well from today or someday, even someday she will have to. No one can live alone in a long journey of life. Sorry to know baout your dad. Hope peace for all wherever they are, however they are. You are so strong and mature even in this age. Hope, everything will be fine with you.

• just be happy for her she's found someone to look after her and your 15 years old start looking for your future don't worry about her you dont need to like him but just be happy for your mum

• you just have to deal with it. its really not up to you, your 15 you should be concentrating on what you want in life not deciding what others want. or trying to control everyone around you. your not being abused or anything so dont worry.

• If that guy shows efforts to get along with you then maybe you should do the same for your mother

• Rejecting this new person could cause the situation to become much more difficult. I'd say the best thing to do is to go with it.

• see its your mom she must have got a good man for her self and you can't get a new Father but at least you can get a wonderful friend and one more thing first collect information about that man

• be happy for your Mom. that she found someone that will lead to her happiness

• how old are you?

• 15. why?

• just wondering let your mom be happy she deserves it she was with your dad till the end. I asked for your age for this reason your almost 18 you'll probably move out your mom would be alone and sad

• Sorry about your father. best thing you can do is go with it, you don't have to accept the person in your life immediately either, it'll take time. You can also talk about how you feel at the point in time, your opinion would matter. Anyway stay strong and good luck

• Don't get attach when it happens it happens but respect the fact that your mom is happy and in time you will slowly like him because he makes your mother happy.

What Girls Said 2

• Look it's really tough trust me I'm in a similar boat, my mum separated from my dad about 2 years ago after 18 years of being with him. My dad I never see cause I'm actually afraid of him... and mum has been getting back in the dating game too. All I can say is support your mum in every way u can and her happiness should be more important than how u feel towards her personal relationships. If this man makes her happy put on s grave face and tolerate it. And with your dads death, it will be so hard for u to ever mentally fully accept that he's gone (at least for the time being) but I think that u should feel comfortable to talk to your mum if u have any issues but allow your mum to choose her own relationships and don't interfere. My mum used to date this guy and she was on and off with him for about a year after being separated from my dad. (Ps: Rest of this is continued in comments)

• My mum left him cause he was a manipulative person, but she told me that he says to her that if they were to be together, living together, she would have to choose between having me or having him... because he couldn't handle being around me... I don't want u to get into a similar situation with your mum so let her have a personal life okay. Good luck with everything, if u want to feel free to message me if u need support okay 😊

• can't u live with ur mom?