How can I stop being the psycho/stalker ex-girlfriend?

Ok so before I start, I don't want any negative or mean responses, I would really appreciate if there could be some helpful, and familiar responses from people who have been through the same thing, that'd mean a lot, thanks!

I was with my ex for 2 1/2 years, madly in love with each other, both each other's first partners. He moved to Spain for a year with college, and is back in the summer. We ended things in January, mutual decision as always arguing and just unhappy, the relationship wasn't the issue, it was the distance.

Now 4 months on I can't get him out of my head. I stalk his social media, and the people who he lives with. I understand this is unhealthy and unproductive, but it is so hard getting over this, I cry near enough every day over him. I miss what we had so much, we've had little contact since and both recognised we weren't the issue, it was the distance and he would like to talk when he's home, but I don't want him to think he's got me to come home to if he's going to be seeing other people while he is single. I wish things weren't like this and we were still together.

How do I get him out of my head and move on? I hate being this unhappy and I haven't been the same person since. Please useful answers x
6
1