Why some dumpees get over their ex within few weeks while other dumpees carry their love for the ex in their hearts for years? Make it clear someone?

İ speak about LTR's where the partners truly loved and intensely cared for each other. When i was left behind by my ex i was devastated and after 5 months now i'm doing better but i'm still thinking of him daily and have this feeling of having a part of my heart taken away, still wishing deep down our paths cross one day again etc. But i know people who break up and move on within weeks or max 1,5-2 months, don't grieve for a longer amount of time although they also didn't saw the BU coming?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't stay at home dwelling on the past. Get your friends and go do what it is you do. I'm going to tell you, expect the unexpected if your paths do cross. Many moons ago my ex & myself did cross paths and she was arm and arm with a ****** piece of **** I considered friends. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't kill him. They got married & divorced all within a 2 year window. Karma @ its best. Take care.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the person, and how the relationship ended. If it was kind and with respect or for a specific reason (like moving away, not/wanting children or marriage etc) then it's much easier to move on than a harsh "I don't love you and I'm out".

That said I think a lot of people prolong their misery by creeping their ex's social media, calling and texting them when they've been told it's 100% over and trying to get "closure" when quite simply it's over and they need to accept that

What Guys Said 4

• 1 some people are more sociopaths than others
    2 the ending helps

• it's a death amd everyone grieves differently. hormonal imbalances are triggered and sustained by the brain. 18 months was my last parting, she died. don't really remember the first one, I slipped into self medication for about 2 months. she left.

• i dont grieve for long since they didint deserve me anyways.

• It depends on the level of hurt...

What Girls Said 1

• I tend to get over people very quickly, as I don't form connections with​ people very well in general and it takes too much effort​ for most to maintain any relationship we have.

but for others they would miss the feeling they get to be desired and loved. To have a constant.

I only miss the benefits.