I don't know how to get over this awful breakup? It hurts so bad?

My now ex-boyfriend & I've been fighting all week. He didn't think we'd be able to stay together because he's going to school thirty minutes away & is staying on campus. He said he couldn't do a long distance relationship because he'd feel bad for being able to see me all the time. He said he wanted to try it, he wanted to fix things, but then the next day he said all this thinking made him not feel the same about me anymore. What? How can you go from being determined to fix something & then say something so hurtful? He said all this thinking is making him depressed. That breaking up is making him depressed. If he's depressed & hurt by this, why would he do it & basically say he doesn't love me anymore? I'm thinking about the amazing memories we had together, & how our relationship was different from any I've had. It was amazing, we understood each other, & were incredibly intimate with each other. How can I recover from this? How is he over this so easily? He sounded so confused and hurt but then was quickly firm in what he wanted. It's been just a few days but I want to be over this, it fucking hurts. I love him so much. I don't ever feel like I'll be ok again. I keep on thinking about everything I could have done to save our relationship. He wanted to talk and say goodbye even though he knew we'd still be done, and I said no, why would we do that if we're still going to remain done? I didn't think talking could change anything. There's no fixing this because he said what he wants, how he didn't feel the same way anymore. I wish he'd talk to me again & make everything better, but I know he won't. I know he's probably already healed. I wish I could just go & find another guy, but you can't find someone because you want to. It just comes to you. It's luck. Will I ever get over this & be the same? Will I find someone else who'll love me like he did?
1
2